Flight 3407

February 12, 2009 10:43 P.M.
Dear Diary,
Somethings wrong. I can't get to sleep. I know, I know, I can never get to sleep, sleep apnea and all of that, but this is different. Something wrong. Very wrong.
February 13, 2009 12:17 A.M.
Oh my God. I haven't stayed up this late since, well, a sleep over! But I can't get the feeling that something went wrong. Something I can't get out of my head. I have the feeling I won't get much sleep tonight.
3:56 A.M.
Oh my God. I really want to know what's going on! I haven't stayed up this late in like, forever! I hate feelig in the dark. I hope everything's okay. But I have a gut feeling it's not.
9:04 A.M.
Well, I was right. Something was wrong. A plane crashed into a house last night at about 10 at night. In CLARENCE, like 10 miles away! Everyone on the plane died, including a man and a dog who were in the house it crashed into. I was right. I was right the whole time.
4:39 P.M.
My ELA teacher wasn't in school today. He lives in Clarence. They evacuated so he probably won't be back for a couple weeks. No one's aloud near the scene. I guess they have to get the plane out and everything.

But that was a couple months ago. Even now, I still see articles in the newspaper of stories of the crash that changed so many people's lives. A man going to get married to a woman when he died in the crash. People finding out their mothers didn't make it home. Buffalo, New York, is a city known for Niagara Falls in our backyard, 25 feet of snow. (At it's peak. NOT usually. I think I'd die) Dyngus Day, and lots of other useless stuff. And now... Flight 3407, which changed so many's lives and futures in so many ways. Us Buffalonians will never forget February 12, 2009.

CarolineS said...
And I loved your story...I could never imagine leaving my dog, Lily. It was amazing.

CarolineS said...
I know. I was freaking out. It's like I had this weird 6th sense or something. The style isn't really hard. Lately, I've been reading books by Dear America, these people find journals from people in these big catastrophes like World War II or Pearl Harbor bombing. It helped. You should read one of them, Where Have All the Flowers Gone? It's about a girl whose brother is in World War II

SheilaZyra replied...
Oct. 18, 2009 at 8:46 am
I read those! I love those books! I read Where Have All The Flowers Gone, and I have to admit I'm a big fan of Molly's spunk.
I love this story! The style seems to echo that of the books. It captured my attention, and your ending is great!

SheilaZyra said...
May 4, 2009 at 2:09 am
Wow. That's so weird how you knew. Wow.
I really like how you wrote this. I've never tried that style of writing, is it hard?
You should read my story; it's right before yours.