The Joy of Writing

Have you ever had that incredible feeling when writing? The feeling of letting my imagination be free with no one to stop me captures the essence of writing.

The freedom of thoughts flowing out of my hand symbolizes that it's possible to create anything at all. Sharing it with everyone or keeping it secret is entirely up to me. I make the letters come alive in my head and watch them settle powerlessly on the paper. There are endless possibilities and infinite boundaries. The paragraph ends at the stoplight in my imagination. Putting my passion and inner self into it causes me to skip over valuable words. When I write I have the power to persuade. With dreams I can write miracles. My hands feel the freedom. My mind contains the visual. When I think I discover courage in my hand. That courage overpowers me taking over my mind, my hand, and the paper. I can't halt the lead's scratching. The feeling I can't describe is writing.

If I dream it, then it resides in my imagination. If it remains there I can make it come alive. Writing creates an infinite feeling of joy.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Thunderfirst said...
May 3, 2009 at 2:23 am:
I love this story!!! That is so true for me too. It's often brought up that reading takes you out of this world, but writing isn't given all the credit it's due. It can take you farther. Good job.