I Cry for Her

Empty hearts cry alone, cry for attention and love. They want friends, they want love. Some say “tis better to have love and lost, than to never have loved at all”. Maybe that’s true for some people. But the love I once had, eats me up everyday, for I let it slip through my fingers. It tortures me everyday.

I often come across a picture of her. I look into her eyes, and cry. What can I do? She’s now hundreds of miles away. It kills, it kills me inside everyday.

As a big sister figure, she was my protection. Her voice kills me, a pain worse than a knife stuck into my arm a thousand times. For her beautiful voice is far away now. So, so far away. Unanswered love hurts.

Sometimes I dream of her. I can picture her perfectly in my mind. She’s holding me, comforting me while I cry. I wake up, and I murmur “Taylor, Taylor.” Than I look around and cry harder, for she is not there. I’m alone to face the world on my own. Who can help me now? I punch my pillow in anger, anger for her not being there when I so desperately need her. After hours, I fall asleep.

The feeling of hatred is worse. Does she still love me? Am I forgotten in her heart? Was I ever there? Because I need her. I wish she knew that. My God, I wish she knew that. Until than I will cry, cry in memory of my beautiful Taylor, my angel, my big sister. Too late, she is gone. For that was then, and this is now. She has moved on, and I am yet to. Sometime I wonder if I will ever get over this. Because it still hurts, it still hurts.

distant_dreamer said...
Wow, that was amazingly good and powerful! I could feel the pain all the way through! You have a very bright future ahead of you!!! Please check out my work if you get a chance, I would really love your feedback!!! :) Keep it up!!!

Morissa said...
May 1, 2009 at 12:50 am
wow!!! every time i read it i well up! i have facebook too!

KirbyLover95 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24, 2009 at 2:52 am
I think this was a really moving piece for me because i couldn't image not having my best friends around to comfort me in my most struggling times. You did a great job on this piece of writing. I'm sorry about Taylor though.

Morissa said...
my God, that was beautiful.... I yearn for your skill. Please tell me what you did not understand about my "Black Nail Polish"?
Sincerely,
Morissa