This girl.... | Teen Ink

This girl....

April 9, 2009
By Anonymous

So there's this girl. Try and try as she might, she can never seem to feel happy. This girl, she has so much heart and love to give, but one one will take it. She's never even had a true chance. She wants to be appreciated. She wants to be loved. She wants to feel special. But her hearts had too much. It's been toyed with and dropped to crack just too many times. It's left this girl even more hurt and hollow and vulnerable than before. And now this girl is flipping things. Now whenever it seems like things are getting good, she just seems to find some grand way to f*** it up. She treats the people she loves the most like such horrible s***. And she's completely lost herself. It feels as if her hearts' really gone. Her hollow soul has just been filled up with anger, guilt, depression, and fury. It fills so rapidly and overflows so constantly. It breaks and all that pain and chaos of emotions is taken out on people. The wrong people. The people she actually cares about most in the world. And this is her apology. This is her "I'm sorry". I really am a good person. And I really do have a good heart. I'm working on getting it back. I'm working on getting "me" back. I wish there was someone out there that could understand that. Someone that would give me a chance to show them. Someone that would hold my hand every step of the way to help me. And see how amazing I can truely be. Until that day comes though, I'm taking this journey on my own. It's a rough one thats for sure, but definately a much needed one. And hopefully very worth it in the end.


The author's comments:
This is me. This is how i feel, how i've felt off and on for a long time actually. I'm generally pretty good at keeping that front, but I really shouldn't. This is my first time attempting to speak out and tell my feelings, just to anyone. And for some reason even though it's anonymous, it's still scary to me.