Never Forget | Teen Ink

Never Forget

I remember his smile, his brains, and his sense of humor. I remember it all. It has been a while, but I didn’t forget, I don’t think I ever will. I don’t fully understand the story; I don’t know all the details. I know it affected us all in an unforgettable way. It was a tragic end to a great summer. I was nine. He was nine too. Him, his mom, his brother, it’s a shame, so young, so innocent, this happened. We wont ever forget. He will be with us forever and we know he is in a better place.

I came home from the beach with my cousin; it was a day towards the end of August. My mom was putting the car in the garage. She got out and I ran down to hug her. She told me she has some news for me. Something sad. Abut one of my friends. She said I might want to cry. She took me inside and me, her and my cousin sat at the table. She told me he died in a ca accident in Dominican Republic. She said it was raining and something happened. Now I hear different things like how he climbed out of the car and to the hospital for help but as I said, I don’t know the details. His father was in a coma, him his mother and one of his brothers passed away. Two of hi brothers lived and came back to school. They left the next year. So we were sitting around the table and I just nodded. I think I was to shock to say anything. I was sitting in my room with my cousin; the boy was on my bowling team. I remembered certain things bout him and I began to tell them to her. I never cried. Not until a month later in September when we had a memorial for him in our religion class. From then on, every now and then we would talk about him and I would cry. A friend of mine, just at the sound of his name, she cries.

He once stuck his tongue all the way up his nose! He was so friendly. He placed a sticky note on a teachers back extremely hard! He had a hole in his pocket and slide a soda bottle all the way down his pants once! I remember his dimples. I don’t think you can ever forget the, I don’t want to forget him. He was a great friend and so young. This happened. It’s sad. We cry over it every now and then even though it is almost five years later. Its good though, because we cant forget it. We never will. He will always be with us.