Live your life to the fullest | Teen Ink

Live your life to the fullest

In a persons life time millions upon millions of crazy things are going to happen. Many things are going to happen to them personally, to their friends, their family, and maybe just a colleague. However, things happen good and bad, so don’t take anything or anyone for granted. I am happy and grateful to say for the past 16 years of my life nothing extremely serious has happened to me that kept me down. Then one day that all changed.
It was just a regular Thursday night like no other. I was home after school, and soccer practice, I was even done with all the work I had to complete for the next day. Finally I was tired enough I decided to go to bed, and get a good nights rest. I knew my brother was not home, but that was okay he goes out every Thursday night. Then shortly after I went to bed, I heard him come home. As soon as he got into the house I knew something was wrong. Then I heard the awful news, and he was talking to his friends all night long, I did not get much sleep that night either because I was talking to my friends as well.
Then the next morning I woke up after maybe two hours of sleep and my mom told me everything that I didn’t know, and it was the awful terrible truth. One of our closest family friends, who was pretty much part of the family, had been hurt terribly in a car accident. That night was going to change my life forever, and I knew it as soon as I heard the news. Unfortunately this only happened a few weeks ago.
It all happened so suddenly, there were four people involved and two were injured horribly. They were even taken by helicopter. The next day a ton of students went down to the hospital to support their friend. Everything seemed to be going okay, everyone knew it was not good, and that she would never be the same again, but no one gave up hope. The week seemed to drag on and on, and it was probably the worst week of my life, and most people I know would agree with me.
As the week went on it seemed as if people began to loose hope, but no one admitted it, because no one wanted to loose faith in her. She was a fighter, however, one week after the accident it was decided to remove the life support. It was one of the worst days I had to ever experience. Knowing that she would never be around any longer, and simply seeing all your friends and family so upset. However, no matter how upset we all were we stuck together the whole night, and we all knew that it was for the best, she would never want to lie in a hospital bed for a long period of time.
This girl was completely unique, and such a great person. She was only 18 years old, who lived a great life. She left an impact on everyone she met. Her life was simply to short, because she had so much going for her, and she was going to go far in life. It just goes to show how bad things really do happen to good people. Never take anything for granted and live your life to the fullest. That is only one lesson I learned from this tragic experience.