The Mask | Teen Ink

The Mask

By Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi
Jorrdan_writes GOLD, Byram Ms, Mississippi

You are going to die. Squeeze all that you can out of this one life you have. Live each day fully, because it could be gone as fast as a half taken breath.

Masks are not just a fun toy that people put on on an occasion like halloween. It applies to people also. We often want to be seen with our best foot forward first, despite our past or the real us. When you first meet a person they are most likely putting on a mask.

Often to make a good first impression. Everyone has one so you’re not the only one. If everyone was who they really are at first everything would be different. For instance, you are having a horrible day and a person comes up to you and says hi, you throw a smile on your self and when they walk away you will go back to you’re dark cloud. Or when someone asks you a question, and you answer but you add a little more on to the answer.

And people do this to make a good impression. So the person will have a positive vibe about them. This applies to us. We mask ourselves and run from the real us because often we aren’t being ourselves anyways. Which is a mask on top of a mask, so it’s best to be all-natural than artificial