The Day That I Met Him | Teen Ink

The Day That I Met Him

By RachelLynn9501 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois
RachelLynn9501 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois

The day that I met Evan was the day that my heart knew, he was the one. I got on the school bus the first day of school, and sat in the back where my cousin Caleb was sitting, and I saw him. He looked up at me and said “ You must be Rachel.” I tried to keep my heart from falling for him, but it still did. I looked over at Caleb and asked him who the new kid was, trying not to blush. Caleb looked at me for a minute, until he decided to ask the new kid what his name was. He looked at me and said with a smile, “My name is Evan.” I looked at him and asked, “Let me guess, Caleb already told you about me?” He smiled and simply nodded yes. So after that day, a few weeks past. Then came Homecoming week. Of course, Evan went with another girl, so I had to go with me, myself, and I, like last year. I eventually grew the guts to tell him that I liked him, and he told me that he liked me too. So, a few months flew by, and….. he asked me out. I was not expecting it. Of course, me being my tomboy self was thinking “ Oh god, now I have to act like a girl.” As I was thinking that he looked at me and said “ You don’t have to dress or act like a girl. I like you just the way you are.” I looked at him and just couldn’t help but blush. A few weeks later, him and I were holding hands, when this girl came back to the back of the bus and was talking to her brother, then she looked at me and Evan and said very loudly, “ Are you two dating?!” I simply looked at Evan and back at the girl and said very quietly “ Yes, we are. Did you have to yell to the whole world and ask if him and I are dating?” She just gave me a dirty look and walked back to her seat. I asked Evan why that girl thought it was cool to yell the question so loudly. He just smiled at me and said, “ I don’t know, but, man you’re beautiful.” I just wanted to kiss his sweet face, but I knew that Caleb and his friend Junior would say something, and plus there were about 30 little kids staring back at me and Evan. A few days past and one day I wasn’t feeling good, and Evan looked at me and smiled, which made me smile, and he said “ You know, you can lean your head on my shoulder if you want.” So I did, and he was so warm that I didn’t want to take my head off his shoulder. Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without Evan. Evan and I have been dating for a month and two weeks now. I never thought I would find someone like him to love for all of my life. I’d never thought that he’d be the one to hold my heart. When I was dating this guy, named Matthew, and he never sat my me, he never bought me anything, he never took me out on a date, heck he never loved me like I loved him. Now I’m with Evan, and he loves me more than anything in his life. The other day I asked him if he truly loves me, he looked at me like I asked the dumbest question, which I did, and he said “ Rachel? You know I love you. Why would you ask me that?” I smiled at him and said “ I don’t know. Matthew never loved me, so I wanted to know if you love me.” He just looked at me with the cutest smile, then looked away. I think if Evan and I would’ve never met, I would still be a “single pringle” today. Evan is always there when I need him, he loves me, he’s sweet, he’s kind hearted and caring, and he’s funny, oh and he’s very generous and thoughtful. I love Evan with all of my heart, and I will never stop loving him until the day I die. Thanks to Evan, now I’m the happiest girl in the world.