Creating This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Words come to me as images come to an artist. They form in my mind creating a canvas complete with sunsets and horizons. I do not set out to create or have a definite plan as a builder might. Words flow as waves ripples across the ocean. Once they start coming they keep coming faster like the tide rushing in.

I do not seek to control or stimulate these words; they might come to me in my dreams or while working on a math problem. Words yield more power than a gun or a bomb and are equally as deadly. Words instigate war and have the power to bring about peace. Thoughts form into words and stem from the mind which is complex. Often I just sit and think and I get an idea for a verse of prose or a short work of fiction. Without words who and where would we be? How could we communicate or express our ideas. The world is made up of different words, each yielding a different purpose and a separate destiny. n