September This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Thoughts bob in my brain; they crash and hurt and amount to only confusion. The radio plays my favorite song, all songs are my favorite. I spin in circles, occasionally picking up clothes off my floor and throwing them in my closet. I ponder doing homework. No, my brain doesn't work. I'm a lazy bum who would rather hang around and dance to music than read Darwin -- things must change. A mellow depressing song comes on-- change to tape. Everybody died in the movie I just watched. I watched a movie on a school night--I know I'm evil, but aren't we all? We all have the same brain--but just think differently. A spider crawls on my pillow and I kill it and I feel guilty, but not for long. My parents gave me the old RCA TV from the kitchen. I hardly ever watch TV, except for a few select shows. I won't become a TV junkie. I keep it unplugged to resist temptation and try to understand "Natural Selection." n

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 4:21 pm
i love this so much!