Tribute | Teen Ink

Tribute MAG

"Aauwow, Cheri, Cheri wake up. It's almost 7: 30 a.m. and Mom and Dad left for Florida. Bon Jovi's new video is coming on. Wake up!!"

"Ememeemum," Cheri moaned. "I'll be up in a little bit," Cheri said in a tired and crackly voice.

"OK, don't be too long."

"Shut the door when you leave."

"No," I yelled.

"DAVID!" Cheri yelled.

"OK." Hi, this is Adam Curry as you all know. And you are watching MTV. Well, in the last few weeks Bon Jovi has been #1 with their latest, "Born to Be My Baby," and as you all know their new video, "I'll Be There For You," is also #1. And we are going to play it for you right now.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I'm soooo psyched. Cheri, it's coming on right now. Come up. . .Chhheri," I yelled 21 times and missed the video Oh, who cares. I'll watch it myself. "I'd live and I'd die for you. I'd steal the sun from the sky for you," I was singing and, of course, Cheri came up singing. . . not knowing it too well.

"I'll be there for you. . . I'll be there for you. . . These five words I'd swear to you."

We both sang happily.

"Cheri, how was your night last night?"

"Great. I went out with Gee, Sue and Cindy."

Cheri hardly kept a secret from me. Cheri was a loving, caring, thoughtful, cheerful and best sister anyone ever could have. Cheri and I have lived together for 13 years. Cheri has been my mom, since my mom passed away a few days after my birth.

Cheri would feed me, clean me, pamper me and love me all at the same time. We were there for each other for anything. I didn't always get along with Cheri but when I was having bad times, she would help out so much and I'm very grateful for that. When I needed a hug, money, someone to talk to, she was there.

I feel so lucky to have such a terrific sister. Cheri and I have had so many good times which I always will remember. We went so many places together. When Cheri was mad at me, she would say no to anything I asked, like going to MacDonald's, or Discland Music Store, but she would never turn me down. She would say, "Get in the car" or "Get ready," even when she was mad at me.

Cheri never wanted anything except to help out or make people happy, which she did with her sense of humor and her loud, cheerful and rowdy voice. I love Cheri Amour Carme.

"David, David, wake up. Cheri is on the phone from college and wants to talk to you."

Boy, was I psyched to talk to Cheri and I always am. So, I jumped out of bed and ran to the phone and spoke to the best sister ever!

I love you Cheri ...n

i love this so much!