Running Cross Country | Teen Ink

Running Cross Country

By MykeDavis1713 BRONZE, Hemet, California
MykeDavis1713 BRONZE, Hemet, California

"IN THE END... We only regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have,and the decisions we waited too long to make."

-Lewis Carroll

The time I got hit with a bus. Everyday at least three times a week I go for a run. These runs always start with a proud stance, me thinking”What a beautiful day, a beautiful day to go for a run, it can be three or even ten miles before I stop.” These runs usually are easy and simple an usually consist of a jog. But, this one run was a run I will never forget, this run is the run I got hit by a massive, and flat nosed bus. The story goes I was running just like I usually do. But, instead of going the correct way I decided to go through a shortcut to where we were stopping. I was going through a crosswalk then it hit me, I remember seeing the finish line, then just seeing a blurry figure, this figure was me, I saw myself get hit with that bus. To this day, I realize I shouldn't have taking that shortcut, and should have just kept going the way I’m supposed to go.