Storm-Loving Nuts Are Out In It Again This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Last year The 21st Century Weather Watchers had a pretty successful iseason. Our purpose was to have all the towns served by The 21st Century represented each month. Those towns were reported in an article containing descriptions of each month's most extreme weather. We had kids reporting from Canton, Newton, Medford, Saugus and many other towns. Not many were "really into" weather. You don't have to be interested in weather to do it. Most of them were simply "storm-loving nuts," crazy dudes who enjoy weather at its worst. We had a lot of fun enjoying nature on a rampage, too!

This year we'd like to see every town represented by a "Weather Watcher." Anyone can be a 21st Century Weather Watcher. It's a very unserious group that never meets, but talks on the phone a lot, usually about a lot more than just the latest natural disasters.

See if you'd make a good 21st Century Weather Watcher:

-You like weather at its worst and love "snow days."

- You like to talk on the phone.

- There is a thermometer somewhere on your property at home that works.

- You have a ruler.

- You know how to read this thermometer and ruler.

If you measure up to at least four of the above, just send your name and address to:

Mike Colclough, 14 Hutchins Circle, Lynnfield, MA 01940

I'll send you all the information, and then you can decide whether or not you'd like to represent your town as a "storm-loving nut," or 21st Century Weather Watcher. Who knows...Keverian-sized hail might hit Massachusetts soon - and we wouldn't want THAT to slide by unnoticed, now would we? e