The Concern of Noise Pollutoion | Teen Ink

The Concern of Noise Pollutoion

About thousands Americans each year suffer from a large range of health outcomes due to noise exposure. Mainly coming from noise pollution, yet no one considers the affects of it.  Noise pollution typically described as harmful levels of noise created by multiple distinct sources. Undoubtedly, noise pollution should be reduced, since it causes health issues, affects animals and their environment, and it’s proven to increase mental health.

Moreover, noise pollution cause a variety of health problems. UXL Sustainable living affirms, “Drs. Stephen Stanfield and Mark Matheson showed that noise pollution could raise blood pressure, impair hearing.” This proves on the fact that noise pollution commonly threats danger of human health. In addition, a study printed by the British medical bulletin in 2003 proves that noise pollution can lead to permanent hearing loss. As seen noise pollution causes various health problems, and still many people don't consider it’s affects.

Equally important noise pollution greatly affects animals and their natural environment. “Common farm animals can be harmed  by excess noise” claims UXL Sustainable living this shows that facts that noise pollution affects animals. Cited by a joint report by the U.S air force and U.S  department of the interior, reports that cattle eat less due to noise pollution reducing milk production levels. Also wildlife can't keep track of predators or their young, because noise can interfere with their natural communication. Then is the ocean many human made noise, such as ships and sonar systems distract the communication of whale, dolphins, and other species.

Additionally, as a matter a fact noise pollution can increase depression and anxiety. Mental Health Week Digest states “depression and anxiety increased with the degree of overall noise annoyance.” Supporting that noise pollution increases mental health. The studies from university medical center of Johannes Gutenberg university further understanding life science research, has proven that aircraft noise contribute to overall noise annoyance. Following the study noise annoyance highly  associated with a higher prevalence of depression and anxiety in the overall population.

In conclusion, noise pollution needs to be quickly reduced. Furthermore, noise pollution needs proper attention however it’s not as dangerous than water, air, and soil pollution. Although it’s not as harmful noise pollution should be definitely called to action. It’s proven to cause numerous health problems, threaten animals and their environment, and increase mental health, Instead of contributing to noise pollution we should try to reduce it, for example planting more trees can help absorb noise. Ultimately we can turn off electrical appliances when we're using them, it all helps create unnecessary noise bring noise pollution levels down and taking care of planet.