Thoughtless | Teen Ink

Thoughtless MAG

I was sitting on my bed in my cozy bedroom, with no ione but myself and my dark shadow in the room.

The time was 4: 30 in the afternoon on Monday, September 12, 1991. A pencil in my hand, all set to start writing. As I put the new sharp pencil to the crisp, white-lined paper, my mind suddenly went blank. It was like some sort of darkness came into my mind, pushing all of my thoughts completely out of my head. As if in a trance, I stared at my big, furry Mutzy dog, thinking he would tell me what to write. I turned and looked out the window, staring even more intently than before. It was raining outside, very gloomy and gray. I tried to think, but I couldn't.

But then, as amazing as it seems, an idea popped into my head. I could write about my Mutzy dog, and how I grew up with him. But, I decided I would be too embarrassed to read it in front of the whole class. I thought to myself, maybe I could write about rainy days, and how dull they are. But, that would be too boring for everyone to listen to.

After that last thought, a million different ideas came pouring into my mind, like a hungry school of fish.

Now, instead of not knowing what to write about, my problem is not knowing which idea to write about! n

i love this so much!