A Special Place In Time | Teen Ink

A Special Place In Time MAG

We sat alone on the front porch of my house. The sun had finally disappeared over the horizon and darkness hung all around us. Neither of us spoke for fear of breaking the silence. I wished that I could somehow stop time, and make this moment last forever. The lonesome moon shone down upon us. As I gazed into your eyes, I could see the tears appearing.

A sudden gust of wind blew through the trees. You pulled me closer but I could feel myself melting away. I would give anything to stay here with you forever. Why is life so unfair? My soul was searching for an answer. It was screaming, crying out for help. No one seemed to realize or even care that my heart was breaking into thousands of little pieces.

I was losing you. As soon as the sun came up over the trees, my life was going to be over, your love would vanish away. I felt as if I were Cinderella at the ball. Soon the clock would strike midnight and my fun would be over. They say that all good things must end, but why? I needed more time.

You ran your fingers through my hair and I started to cry. We whispered softly about the future and promised to keep in touch. Deep down inside I knew that after tonight I would never see you again. Overcome by the fear of that thought, I pulled your arms around me tightly, rested my head on your shoulder and drifted off to sleep.

As I awoke, I noticed the sun making its way above the clouds, filling the day with light and my heart with sadness. It was time for you to leave. I watched with great agony as you made your way down the steps to the sidewalk and down the street.

...I was reminded of you today, taken back to a special place in time where, for a short moment, our love made time stand still. It was quite a long time ago. Although the pictures are old and torn around the edges and the memories are fading away, your love will always remain in a special place in my heart. I will love you always. n