The Look Of A Child This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

She looks up at me, with those big eyes of hers. Confident that I have the answer to her question. I smile. Not because of the question, or its nature, but because she is so confident, so sure, that I know everything she needs to know.

I am a classic worrier. I have so many insecurities and problems, and sometimes it seems like there is nothing in this world that I can do right. But here is this little child, who has so much faith in me, who believes in me. Suddenly, for a moment, I know everything and can do no wrong. My confidence is boosted to an all time high, and all my problems and insecurities vanish. All of this is brought on by the look in a small child's eyes. It's funny how things so complex and difficult can be diminished by something so simple and innocent.

I produce the answer she's looking for. The quizzing look in her eyes is now gone, and is replaced by a look of relief, but not surprise. She thanks me, and goes back to play, but I stand there, surrounded by the glory of the moment. All of a sudden I'm prepared to face my life with confidence again. n