Colors | Teen Ink

Colors MAG

For the past two years I've been moving, all over the place, but the hardest place to move to was Fairhaven. I had never heard of the place, never been there and didn't know where I was going. After being a resident of the streets of Boston, I think Fairhaven is really quiet and different out here, plus it's boring. The first day of school I was nervous like any other teenager.

By being colored and not seeing someone my color, I felt I didn't belong here, and to this day, I still think I don't. School is boring like all schools. But I'm trying to make it with the seven good teachers and one bad one. It's hard when you think that a teacher doesn't like you, but I guess it's more than I expected. I have the feeling the teacher is prejudiced, but if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I just hope everyone could get along and the world wouldn't be like this. It's because of problems like this that a lot of black and white students quit school.

Teachers make some students feel they aren't worth anything, and make it hard for them. But me, I like beating people at their own game. I hope the teacher realizes I'm not the kid she thinks I am. Think about it.

Not only are some teachers prejudiced, but I would like to say to all the teachers around the world: treat us like the others and you might make a new friend. n