Colors This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

For the past two years I've been moving, all over the place, but the hardest place to move to was Fairhaven. I had never heard of the place, never been there and didn't know where I was going. After being a resident of the streets of Boston, I think Fairhaven is really quiet and different out here, plus it's boring. The first day of school I was nervous like any other teenager.

By being colored and not seeing someone my color, I felt I didn't belong here, and to this day, I still think I don't. School is boring like all schools. But I'm trying to make it with the seven good teachers and one bad one. It's hard when you think that a teacher doesn't like you, but I guess it's more than I expected. I have the feeling the teacher is prejudiced, but if I'm wrong, I'm sorry. I just hope everyone could get along and the world wouldn't be like this. It's because of problems like this that a lot of black and white students quit school.

Teachers make some students feel they aren't worth anything, and make it hard for them. But me, I like beating people at their own game. I hope the teacher realizes I'm not the kid she thinks I am. Think about it.

Not only are some teachers prejudiced, but I would like to say to all the teachers around the world: treat us like the others and you might make a new friend. n