How Litter Kills Pets in Seattle | Teen Ink

How Litter Kills Pets in Seattle

Definiton of Pollution :pol·lu·tion 
p??lo?oSH(?)n/ 
noun 
noun: pollution 
the presence in or introduction into the environment of a substance or thing that has harmful or poisonous effects. 

Pollution kills the Earth which kills us.

Definition of Litter:

lidlit·ter ?r/ verb gerund or present participle: littering     1.     make (a place) untidy with rubbish or a large number of objects left lying about.

Everyday hundreds of Seattleites  throw trash on the ground (litter) because they don't feel like throwing it in the designated area, the trash can.  

Pets in Seattle

In Seattle almost everyone owns a pet.  Most Seattleites owns a cat or a dog. Having a dog means walking it almost everyday. When you walk your dog, cat, or (etc.) you may notice a lot of trash. This may be from the people around you or even your friend.

How Litter Affects Pets

Litter affects our pet because some pets are really curious about how trash tastes like, they might even think that trash is food. So when you walk your dog or let your cat, bird, (etc.) outside they might be tempted to eat litter. When they eat litter it will cause them to be really sick because who knows what they eat was. The trash may have unhealthy bacteria.

How Littering Hurts You

Litter hurts you because it hurts your pets it also hurt you. Littering also hurts you because there might be dirty disease infected things that can hurt you such as : dirty needles and drugs.

I was inspired to make this powerpoint because i wanted to make a point of how pets in our community are constantly getting sick from things we throw on the ground.