Why I Write | Teen Ink

Why I Write

March 22, 2009
By punkprincessx62 PLATINUM, West Seneca, New York
punkprincessx62 PLATINUM, West Seneca, New York
20 articles 0 photos 1 comment

I write to ease the pain for heartbreak. I write for a charity. I write for fun. I write for a literary magazine. I write for my “communist-like” creative writing and English classes. I write to make my heart sing. I write to spread the beauty of the earth. I write because it’s part of my life. I write to share my feelings with others. I write to record things. I write because I love it. I write because to me, writing words is like writing music, no two original compositions are ever the same. I write because it is my fingerprint to the world. I write for my non-English classes to pass. I write because it’s something I can see myself doing for the rest of my life. I write because it gives me a rush, a rush to see what I will decide as my character’s fate. I write to send cards to my family and friends. I write to see myself grow in my writing. To see myself go from a little girl, to a teenager, and soon to an adult. I write because I want to. I write to send text messages to my friends and co-workers. I write to show my love or dislike.