ZR1 | Teen Ink

ZR1

March 30, 2009
By Will James BRONZE, Hamilton, Virginia
Will James BRONZE, Hamilton, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Three years ago some people down at Chevy’s Holden platform wondered what a super sporty Corvette would be like. They had a brilliant idea; they would build one. The fruits of their labor came to be known as the Corvette ZR1.
The ZR1 has an interior that closely resembles that of the ZO6 and the C6 models. The only differences in the interior are the ZR1 nameplates and the fact that the 3ZR package comes with leather a wrapped dash and leather bucket seats. It still has the balsa wood floor commonly found in Corvettes.
The engine is nowhere near similar to the Z06. The designers crammed a supercharged and intercooler pushrod 16 valve V-8, producing 638 British Horsepower. The engine will get this 3,350-pound behemoth to 60 miles per hour in 3.4 seconds! That is really impressive because the fastest internal combustion car in the world, the Bugatti Vyron, gets to 60 miles per hour in only 2.4 seconds!
If I have really inspired you to go out and buy a ZR1in February (assuming GM is still operating in February), check your wallet. This car will lighten your wallet by $105,000. Then you will want to add options like super shiny chrome rims and the 3ZR package, which includes a leather wrapped dash, a power telescoping steering column, a navigation system, and side air bags. But if you seriously want one, instead of buying a house, you can buy the ZR1.