Titles | Teen Ink

Titles

June 1, 2017
By Caramel2 BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana
Caramel2 BRONZE, Covington, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Where do we fit in life? Who are we? Popular, weird, freak, average; these are all titles given to us. I look around and all I see are titles. But what is the face behind the mask, there is always something more. We will never know someones full story, there are always pieces missing. For instance the awkward girl sitting all alone at the lunch table who just lost her dad. The popular girl who is secretly a genius. Even though we may never understand people, one thing can be certain; everyone seems very good at giving titles. What is in a name? Truth be told we will probably never know. However if you could write one word that describes you, what would it be? Are you happy, sad, is your life perfect, is you life hell? One word. One word that could make or break you. What would you write? Its almost humirous how quick people are to give titles or pass judgement. Have you ever taken the time to get to know someone you have given a title. Perhaps you have or perhaps you have not. One thing remains true however there are always two sides to one person, and at the end of the day the only person who can give you a title is yourself. So what is in your name? Who is the real you?