Final Exam Tips This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Final exams can be very difficult if you are not prepared. Final exams either cover an entire year or half of the school year. There are three simple ways to prepare: Review all notes and tests taken during the year, make small concise summaries of all the chapters or stories, and make lists of vocabulary, names, dates, or other important information needed for the exam.

The first thing you should do is review all notes and tests taken during the year. You should take all of your notes and tests and make a study packet. If you are unsure about something in your notes, ask your teacher and rewrite it. If you are missing notes, ask a classmate for them.

The next item should be to make small, concise summaries of chapters or stories read during the year. You should skim the chapters to get the general idea, then write down the specifics of each. In making a summary of a story, read the questions at the end. If there aren't questions at the end, read notes or tests, and make a summary. These summaries should be in order and when they are finished they should be put in your study packet with your notes and tests.

In addition to your summaries and note packet, you should make lists of vocabulary, dates, names, and other important facts needed for the exam. To make these lists, skim tests and chapters and notes. You should write down all of the lists you have in your notes. All important people or characters should be written down with dates or specific information. When these lists are finished they should be put with the rest of your study packet.

Now you have a complete packet for studying. Your final exam should be very easy to study for. This study packet was easily put together. All you need are these three elements. They are reviewing all notes and tests taken, make small concise summaries of chapters and stories read, and make lists of vocabulary, names, dates, or other specific information. n