What A Difference Two Years Make | Teen Ink

What A Difference Two Years Make MAG

By Anonymous

   As I was pushing my way through the core building during rush hour yesterday, I began to look around at the people surrounding me in the hall. Although the youngest person in the hall was only four years apart from the oldest, the age difference startled me. Was it really only two years since I had been the freshman staring at my schedule, trying not to get lost in the swarm of giants towering over me?

I was not sure that I felt exactly like a junior yet, but I knew it had to be a while since freshman year, certainly more than two years! That night as I was lying in bed, I began to reflect on these thoughts. How different was this year from my first year of high school? Time has gone by very fast, but even so, it seems that there must have been more than two years since September of 1990.

I feel so much older now than I did back then. Somehow, I have turned from a novice to a person well aware of the school's routines. I remember that in our freshman year, my friends

and I would roam the halls in search of our next class, wondering which of the upper classmen to ask for directions.

This year, it is us handing out the directions and finding our classes without the slightest bit of trouble. I also remember a time in freshman year when my friends and I were afraid to speak to seniors and juniors. It seems strange that now it is today's freshmen who think, for some reason, that it is an honor to speak to us.

I am not sure exactly where the time has gone, but I feel that I have changed a lot since the first week of freshman year.

I suppose everyone feels this way at some time, when they look back and see exactly where they have been. They say that time flies when you're having fun. If so, I must have been having a lot of fun these past two years, as well as changing without even knowing it. n