Peep-Rex | Teen Ink

Peep-Rex MAG

By Hannah Fronzak BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Hannah Fronzak BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee

I think most of us would agree that the Peeps the Easter Bunny brings us are pretty nasty. So why do we get them year after year? It is a question that has plagued children for generations, and we now have an answer, proven by intense scientific study: the sole purpose of the Peeps is your parents’ enjoyment.

Take this case: my father is a very funny man. One lovely Easter morning, while the rest of my family was sitting around the kitchen table devouring the mountains of candy we had gotten, my dad sauntered up. A lone Peep was sitting on the edge of the table, forlorn and abandoned. Once my dad caught sight of it, his demeanor changed completely. His body stiffened as he folded his arms up, bringing his hands to his shoulders in an odd, predatory manner. His strides became tiny, mincing steps as he approached the table where the oblivious Peep rested.

Now he had the attention of the whole family, and from seemingly nowhere, we heard a cute but desperate “peep, peep, peep.” At this noise, my father’s pupils dilated while his steady breathing turned to feral growls. He crept up to the Peep and dove at it, grabbing it with his teeth and tossing it into the ­gaping cavern of his mouth.

We remained speechless for a few seconds as we observed him devouring the poor chick. Then, with a frightened face, my little sister turned to her candy basket and pulled out an entire package of Peeps, offering them to him wordlessly.

budda said...
the peeps ar not that good

paulavee said...
hahah yuur funny.

yuuu really could imagine all

of the excitement.

lol goodd luckkk next easter (;

on Jul. 19 2009 at 1:35 am
despurlock DIAMOND, Morgantown, West Virginia

"The heart has its reasons which reason does not know." -Pascal, Pensees, 1670

So awesome! I love it!

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

oh my god i love this story! It's so funny!! Love it! Five stars!

on Jul. 9 2009 at 3:18 am
practicerandomkindness, Rindge, New Hampshire
Very humorous!

GreenDayFan SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Every story has an end, but in life, every ending is just a new beginning."
-Uptown Girls

peacful, wonderful job Hannah!!!

TeenageMutantNinjaAngel BRONZE, Ossian, Indiana

"I believe in music the way some people believe in fairytales."

I read this almost every day, I can't stop laughing! It was really well written, wonderful job.

SarahNearol said...
I know the mood makes it seem serious... but I can't just stop laughing! I love the description of it, and how you described how your sister gave your father her peeps... just thinking about it gives me the giggles again! I don't know if that was what you were after, but I still loved it and enjoyed reading it. Fantastic job!!!!!