You | Teen Ink

You

His sense of humor. His eyes. His smile. His smell. His touch. His kindness. There can't possibly be just one reason to why I fell in love with you. I've known that I love you for sometime now, but it wasn't till yesterday and today that I really realized that with you by my side, I can find the strength to endure anything. Yesterday I lost someone who I love very much. I can't describe the feeling that I felt when I first heard about it. Lost, confused, alone, mad, and scared were all blended inside me to compose one of the worst feelings possible. You were the first person I told. You're the one who comforted me the most. Simply talking to you and having you listen was more than enough. I've never had anyone in my life whose mere presence can make a situation go from unbearable to understandable in such a short amount of time. You are my rock, my confident, my best friend, my everything.

I love you. Sometimes I wonder if I've ever been in love before, because this doesn't even compare to anything else. I crave you're presence when we're not together. I long for your touch moments after parting. I dream about you every night. You are my world. I've always been afraid of that. Afraid of having someone be my all. What happens if you loose that person? The thing is, with you I never doubted. The walls I worked so hard to put up to protect myself against getting hurt melted away with you. I can't explain to people how I feel about you because I don't think anybody else can even understand. I, myself can't even understand what I'm feeling.

You are my best friend. I know people say that a lot but I've always thought it was much more than a simple title. You know all my flaws and faults and somehow you still manage to love me. You've seen me at my ugliest and weakest moments and still call me beautiful. You are my soul mate. You're the person who connects with me on a deeper level than anyone else. I trust you with my deepest fears and secrets. I can be myself around you and not worry what you will think. I'm my true, silly, immature self with you. I love that together we can be silly and crazy. I've never had anyone who I've been so determined to make happy, and that's all I want to do is make you happy. I want to cook for you, to clean for you, to take care of you when you are sick. I would do anything to make you happy.

You came into my life like many others, but you changed my life in a way nobody else ever has or will. You make me smile a little brighter, laugh a little harder, and love a lot more. You taught me what it is to love, and to love purely and selflessly. You are my gift from god. Until you I never really believed in god, but now I can't help but think that there must be one and that he created me and you for each other.