Sisters: Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em | Teen Ink

Sisters: Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without 'Em

March 15, 2009
By Alex Messner BRONZE, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
Alex Messner BRONZE, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Sisters. They're part of you. You share the same parents, the same family, and unfortunately, sometimes the same clothes. They are there for you in the toughest of times, and are sometimes the cause of your troubles. I don't know what I would do without my sisters. Although sometimes I just want to punch them, in the end I always realize I would be nothing without them.
One of my sisters is in the 7th grade. She feels the need to wear nothing but the accepted designer clothes, such as Hollister and Abercrombie. In this aspect we are completely different, seeing as I prefer T-shirts and jeans and she wouldn't be caught dead in anything other than her cute cami under a baby pink top, embellished with the distressed Abercrombie moose. Regardless of this, she still manages to find things in my closet she cannot live without and takes without my permission. This is something that just drives me crazy. There are also the times she tells my parents things I have told her in confidence or just things she makes up to get me in trouble. But despite this, there are things that make her my best friends. I cannot even begin to count the amount of times we have been crying because we were laughing so hard. We always manage to make each other laugh even in the most upsetting of situations. She truly is my best friend.
My other sister is in 4th grade and is a little less agreeable than my other sister. Even though she doesn't fit into either my sister's clothes, or mine she still steals them. I swear she just likes to make me mad. I often have to baby-sit her and my three-year-old brother and find myself wanting to just run away because of her childish antics. She is a very smart and capable girl, but she likes to act helpless and she is very stubborn, especially if you are watching something on TV that she doesn't like. Through all of this I still love her unconditionally. I pick her up from school everyday and instead of dreading it, I adore it. The ten minutes we spend in the car each day just makes me love her more.
There are often times when I hate my sisters, but they are the best friends anyone can ask for. Everyday, my love and respect for them just grows more and more. I can already picture us at each other's wedding, one in the white dress, the other two in matching bridesmaid's gowns. I know we'll always be there for each other no matter what. My sisters are irreplaceable, and I can't imagine ever losing them.