Butterfly Effect | Teen Ink

Butterfly Effect

January 9, 2017
By Makaylah_Foreman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Makaylah_Foreman SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I used to be fascinated and curious about the After Life, Doppelgangers, and the Butterfly Effect. I still am. For those who don't know, The Butterfly Effect is the belief that with one small action or choice will have a major effect on your life, or on someone else. People believe that the Butterfly Effect has something to do with your karma, or your luck. Bad karma means bad luck, bad luck means your outcome on the Butterfly effect is not good. I read a story about a little girl who would catch butterflies and would sell them. One day another little girl came and bought a butterfly, as she was walking across the street, she stopped to stare at her butterfly. Then she got hit by a car, sadly. So I know what you're thinking. “What does this have to do with The Butterfly Effect?” Well think about it, if the little girl never had set up shop to sell butterflies, then the other girl would not have came and bought one. She would have looked both ways before crossing the street. She would have never stopped in the middle of the road to look at her butterfly, thus she would have never got hit by the car. That is an example of the Butterfly Effect, so be careful about your choices.