Baby Love This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I just had a baby. He's a beautiful baby boy made out of white cloth with embroidered eyes, nose and mouth. I know I didn't have to go through nine months of pregnancy, but having this baby was not fun and games. Sure I got to miss out on gaining weight, nausea, and depression, but you try sewing, stuffing, and embroidering a life-size baby in three weeks. I thought having a baby would be interesting, but now that I have little A.J. (Andrew Jason), I want to send him back. I have to carry him around school all day and he is not light. He has a sandbag for extra weight so he feels like a real kid. All of my friends love him and always want to baby-sit, so usually I let them watch him during the day. He's actually good in some ways. He never cries, never has to be changed, and never wakes up at odd hours in the night. Carrying this baby around is supposed to teach me the responsibility of being a parent, but really all it's taught me is how heavy babies really are. c