Coloring | Teen Ink

Coloring MAG

A good, old-fashioned orange crayon box, the one with the stripes down the sides. Open the top and they all stare out at you, their brilliant colors forming a rainbow with which to add color to any imaginary world. The good, strong, waxy kind wrapped in colored paper that proclaim their color on the side.

These crayons can liven up any drawing, no matter how basic or drab. A marvelous bunch, these guys, a perfect touch to your art piece. You have to marvel at the way they blend together all the colors meshing to form a masterpiece. The box proclaims the crayons to be "Different ... brilliant."

I want to take all the people in the world and stick them in a crayon box, letting all of their brilliant, different colors become the pretty rainbow. What would the world be like then? Would we all be able to set aside our petty differences and show the world how special we all are? Can we look past the silliness of prejudice and color together? Open the blind world's eyes and show it the rainbow of color that it possesses. All the different, brilliant colors. Just like the contents of the sturdy orange crayon box. Inside you can see all the vibrant colors, proud to be brilliant and prouder still to be different. c