Meteorology In A Whole New Sunlight | Teen Ink

Meteorology In A Whole New Sunlight MAG

Historians say that history repeats itself, but what about technology. Several hundred years ago man used the color of the sun at night to tell of the weather for the next day. Today we use satellites and complex computers; however, one day a year we pull a furry little rat out of a hole in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, hold it up to a crowd of screaming yahoos and ask it to tell them the weather. There is actually a grand little presentation where they knock on its door, and then drag the little puffball out. Then these morons start talking to it and relay this little conversation to the crowd. Finally they hold it up and look for its shadow. That's six more weeks of winter for a shadow and spring in two for a cloudy day.

While this is nostalgic and kind of cute, it's also stupid. This animal has it better than most people, and all he has to do is make an appearance once a year. I predict that when the earth becomes over-populated and people are starving everywhere, they will check the shadows of the ground hogs they just shot for food on February 2nd. u