The First Time I Was in Love

By , Parkville, MD
I believe that the first time I was in love was when I invited God back into my life. Loving others became a whole new life-style for me. Though I had believed before that I loved others, the godly love that entered into my life opened my eyes to a new example and way of love I've never known. 1 Corinthians 13 "the love chapter" has been one of the huge guidelines for me since. Though I had a 'boyfriend" before this change, I was still too involved and what I wanted to really truly love him. The love of God through me is selfless and greater than I could have ever imagined. I find myself loving people I never thought I could in ways I never thought I could. Though people talk about being 'in love' I believe you can never really love until you love God first. After you chose Him, your heart is opened and stretched in ways that it never could by only human power. True love can only come from God, because God is love. He has the key to open our eyes to the great love we can show to others. If you truly want to love someone, love God, then the rest will just fall into place.

artlover said...
Mar. 19, 2009 at 1:45 am
amen! love it!