Life Is A Journey | Teen Ink

Life Is A Journey MAG

By Anonymous

   "Life is a journey," so the old quote states. But there are many people who you come across on that journey who make such an impact on your life that you have to admire them. Though I've just begun my journey, I know that I will always admire my mother for her incredible strength.

Throughout my childhood my mother played an active role in my activities. Though I may not have appreciated it then, I know now that I was a very fortunate individual. My mother was my Girl Scout leader, tutor, chauffeur, cook, advisor, and friend. She has been one of the few people who has been with me through all the good and bad times.

The lessons I have learned from my mother cannot be learned from any school. She taught me values and morals that will last me my whole life. My mother has always been a firm believer in fulfilling your dreams. For many years the quote, "You've got to believe deep inside yourself that you're destined to do great things," has been posted on my refrigerator. My mom put it there as to be a constant reminder that I (or anyone) can reach our goals.

I've reached a point in my life that I can sit back and really appreciate all the great sacrifices my mother has made for me. It is almost unreal that she is able to have a career yet still make time for her family. I admire her for her great wisdom that she instills into me every time I ask for advice.

I can only hope that someday I can be as great a parent as she is. And until that day, I will continue to learn from her how dedication pays off and some day my dreams will come true. c