All For Nothing | Teen Ink

All For Nothing

It happened on a Friday afternoon, when my sister and I went over to my best friend Rachel's house to stay the night. We were just hanging out in her room and watching T.V. When her mom came home from work, she told us she needed to go to the grocery store and pick up a few things; she asked us if we wanted to go with her. Since we didn't have anything better to do, we decided to go. After about an hour and a half of walking around Wal-Mart, we decided to wait in the car for her mom to finish shopping. We only thought she was finished shopping. We waited in the car for about forty-five minutes, just listening to music and talking about school. We eventually became bored, so we went back into Wal-Mart, locking the car behind us. As we walked away from the car, Rachel noticed she didn't have the keys in her pocket. We ran into Wal-Mart and asked her mom if she had a spare key in her purse. After she said no, she realized what happened, and started to panic. She hurried and finished checking out, and we all ran to the car. We searched around the car on the ground for about 15 minutes. With no luck, and no keys, Rachel's phone rang. She dug into her pockets, and instead of pulling out her phone, she pulled out her mom's car keys. We then realized that we searched and panicked for nothing! The funny thing is, the same thing happened two weeks later!