Law of Attraction | Teen Ink

Law of Attraction

By zerg.ate.my.world BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona
zerg.ate.my.world BRONZE, Buckeye, Arizona

Anyone who has read 'The Secret' knows the complexity of the law of attraction and how to succeed in applying it into your life. The law of attraction is 100% focused around causes and effects. Every little thing you do/think has an effect on every aspect of your life. This may sound intimidating to some, but it's really just how it is perceived; If it is thought to be intimidating, and difficult, than it will be intimidating and difficult for the viewer, because that's how the subject is being viewed. Every thought has its effects; It is what controls the mood, decisions and actions of society and puts them in the situations they are held in. Basically, your dominant thoughts will find a way to manifest into your life.

For instance, if you believe someone likes you, that person will like you when you hold those beliefs. When you believe that a person likes you, you act differently, in a positive way, around him or her, than if you were to believe they didn't like you. People that believe another person doesn't like them; he or she acts negatively towards that person and that person will take notice of it and begin to not like you. This is only one example and the list goes on.

If someone is in a good mood, then they are thinking good thoughts. By thinking good thoughts, that person will attract things/people/places/events (etc.) that would be viewed upon as being positive. When a person is in a good mood, he/she acts in a way that people would perceive them in a positive way as being a positive person. As a result, he/she will attract good people/events/things (etc.). Just think about how people treat someone who has positive attitude and how society treats a person with a negative attitude or, one that is in a 'crummy' mood. The attitudes directed towards those people are different, as is the outcome.

Being grateful and taking recognition of the stuff you appreciate not only puts you in a good mood, which we learned from the above examples, has a positive outcome. However, because your focusing on how humble you are for receiving something, you attract more great things that you will be grateful for, and so on so forth.

A great way the law of attraction is described is by Jack Canfield(The secret; pg.92) he says:
'Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe its possible for you. And then close your eyes every day for several minutes, and visualize having what you already want, feeling the feelings of already having it. Come out of that and focus on what your grateful for already, and really enjoy it. Then go into your day and release it to the Universe and trust that the Universe will figure out how to manifest it.'

Expecting that you have already received what you desire is a perfect way to apply the law of attraction to your life. If you were to think of something you want, an ipod for example, imagine you ordered that ipod in a catalogue and its on its way as we speak. There's no doubt about you possessing this ipod. Now you receive the feelings and emotions that you would if you were to physically receive this ipod right now. By receiving those positive feelings you are sending out a positive frequency to 'the Universe' and those positive emotions will manifest that ipod into your life. Don't worry about how it will come to you, just trust that it will come. It could come in many ways. For instance, you're in a good mood because you know that ipod is coming to you, being in this positive state causes less stress, and the lack of stress could lead you to do your homework, maybe more of it or just better quality. By this happening your mom, dad, or whoever, could/would reward you with that ipod you've been craving because your grades have improved.

The law of attraction works solely on causes and effects. Keeping your mind focused on positive thoughts will manifest into reality. Same goes visa versa.