Time Flies This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

How quickly time flies by. It seems like just yesterday that I was walking hesitantly through the doors of the high school. I was anxious and a little frightened, yet ready to make new acquaintances and begin my teenage life.

It amazes me that this June I will be walking out those same doors with similar feelings, yet I am older. Anxious to start life as a college student away from the safe haven of my family and familiar environment. Free to explore, learn, and live by my own rules. What an exhilarating, frightening thought! I am filled with hopes, expectations, dreams, fears, and utter confusion. There is so much to think about, so many decisions to be made, that I just don't know where it all begins. I think I know where I want to end up; I'm just a unsure about how to get there.

And if I don't make it, what if I'm not happy or fulfilled? When I try to picture myself 20 years from now, more than one scenario runs through my mind. Sometimes I just feel so lost and without direction because some of my friends already have everything mapped out.

The main thing is that I don't want to be left standing alone at the station while my friends are hopping joyfully on the train of life. c

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 12:23 pm
i love this so much!