Today, May Beautiful Things... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

"Today, may beautiful things happen to you"

I wish a beautiful thing would happen to me ... What is a beautiful thing anyway? I guess it's one of those things that only happens to special people in a movie, or something. I wish there was a movie where there was someone who wasn't special, just a person, to whom nothing ever happened. Of course, then people probably wouldn't go see it because it's too much like their life. What if every day something beautiful happened to you? It probably wouldn't be beautiful anymore. Buying a hamburger would become beautiful. What is beautiful anyway? Who says that buying a hamburger isn't beautiful? I'll bet that if you were starving, it would be beautiful. Maybe not as beautiful if you were a vegetarian, but that's just technical. Do little things matter when you do something beautiful? I think it would be more fun to do something beautiful than to have it happen to me. But, I wouldn't know ... I've never done either. Once, someone picked out all the marshmallows (my favorite part) from a box of cereal and gave them to me. I think that was pretty beautiful. So, I guess something beautiful has happened to me ... I just had to think about it for a minute or two. Thanks, Bill .... c

blbbraun said...
I think that something beautiful happens everyday, but you just have to look for it!