Attention Starved Wing-nuts | Teen Ink

Attention Starved Wing-nuts

By Kazzie Cazort BRONZE, Alexander, Arkansas
Kazzie Cazort BRONZE, Alexander, Arkansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

In a class of 30, all I can hear is that attention starved wing nut's voice. 'Blah blah blah, me me me.' Completely and utter unaware of other living, breathing, feeling beings existing amongst her to do anything other than listen to her persistent, over-dramatic whining and gossiping.

You know her. To you, she may be the over-spoiled, under-appreciative pre-teen on her brand new I-phone that her daddy bought her. She's just babbling on and on loudly and obnoxiously about how totally drab the walls of this dentist office are, and what color she would paint them if it were her totally fabulous palace of dental pain. 'OMG blah blah blah, me me me.'

Or, maybe, he's the over-educated, under-amiable loser trying to compensate for his lack of a social status by making everyone else around him feel as ignorant as he possibly can. He achieves this by constantly using every word in the English and Latin dictionary to prove his intelligence. He distributes these well-studied words throughout his sentences, using them in every day dialogue with his 'inferiors,' guaranteeing that someone will have to engage in conversation with him. Even if it is just to ask what the hell that word means. And he's basically saying the same thing, 'Blah blah blah, me me me,' only more articulately.

For me, though, she always seems to be the girl sitting next to me in science class because God cursed me with having a last name that is alphabetically sequential to hers. 'Blah blah blah, me me me.' Every single, finger-flipping day.

'Oh my god, did you hear about (Insert physical competitor here) and (insert boy known for poor personal hygiene here) doing it in the faculty bathroom?'

Somehow, I always know the girl and I always know the guy being talked about. Usually they don't even know each other. The actual story happened more like the two were seen passing the faculty bathroom within 5 minutes of each other, which is understandably enough reason to be suspicious of sexual scandal. Clearly enough pertinent basis in the mind of this narcissistic, two-face, nothing better to do with my life, attention starved wing nut.

These people are ubiquitous, armed with masked insecurities, and could be dangerous to your mental sanity. Please approach with caution.

We all know and are secretly annoyed by these people. Its interesting how funny just the plain ol' truth can be.

on Aug. 30 2009 at 12:35 am
Vikki-toria SILVER, Marienville, Pennsylvania
I think you could be a little bit more understanding. Maybe the boy who is realy smart has a social disability that makes him spout off facts. It isn't his fault. the girl might be starving for attention or might be getting to much. Neither of which is her fault. So please try to be a little more understanding.

ToriJ BRONZE said...
ToriJ BRONZE, ------, New York
Couldn't have written it better myself.......seriously, a story thats true for every school