Daddy's Girl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Daddy's Girl

At 10 I lost him!!

At 11 I wanted him!!

At 12 I needed him!!

At 13 I craved him!!

Now at 14 all I can do is:

accept that he's gone, look at

all the other girls with their fathers

and pray to mine at night!

Remember him for

who he was, and what he

did! Be proud of all his becomings!

When saying good-night to his picture

behind my bed, I say

"I love and miss you,

Daddy! Good night! To be

your little princess

once again!"

Author's Note: This is a true story about my life. My father died when I was 10. It totally crushed me. He wasn't just my father, he was my best friend. I could talk to him about anything, and he would never get mad at me. After he died, it was really hard for me to talk about it. Now I can talk a lot easier. I wrote this poem to help other kids feel better in case something like this ever happens to them. I want everyone to read how hard it is to lose someone close. Keep this poem close to your heart and never forget how quickly someone you love can be taken from you. c

Dedicated to my father, whom I will never stop loving!!

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It really bugs me a lot that you used !!! for every sentance. I like the message and how it's presented and everything, but I think they kind of ruin the affect you intended. It sounds to upbeat...