That One Moment This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The accumulating crowd of anxious teenagers tried to pile into the colossal building all at once, but, of course, were unsuccessful. I got out of my mom's silver Volvo and stood in the middle of the parking lot, motionless, just examining the antiquated building. What was beyond those unwieldy, red double doors? I didn't have a clue. My feelings were indescribable. I was tense, but excited at the same time. Knots were turning inside my stomach. My curiosity was getting the better of me. I got the courage to walk up to the doors, but I couldn't open them just yet. I had to pause and ponder. Whatever lay beyond those doors could alter my life forever! I didn't know what the consequences would be. I wasn't sure that I wanted to imagine them either. My trembling arm reached out and grabbed hold of the handle. A gust of wind blew into my face as I swung open the door. My heart was beating rapidly and I stopped breathing. I stepped forward with my right foot and the door shut behind me. The nervousness left my stomach, but the excitement stayed with me. I had finally entered high school. I had been waiting for this moment my whole life. c