Hairs | Teen Ink

Hairs

By greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Hair.  A unique characteristic that differentiates an individual from a crowd.  Each strand representing a piece of who you are.  A hair is like a blueprint.  They are a design plan regarding one’s personality.

Payton, my older sister, draped in rich, dark brown hair.   Containing that shine that every girl dreams of.  Warming waves that wrap around her sweet smile.  Her silky, brown hair has the glimmer of Me on the other hand, my hair is like predicting the weather, you never know what you’ll get.  Whether it’s beachy waves, straight, or crisp curls that twirl like a ballerina, my hair is out of the ordinary.  Like my hair, a piece of me is out of the ordinary.  I have a love for being different.  Expressing myself in my own way and being unique.  Along with my hair, when it comes to my likings, you never know what you’ll get. 

If you’ve ever seen the shine of the magic 8 ball, that is the top of my Dad’s head.  Though no hair on the top of his round head, he has hair that wraps around the back of his head.  Little hair on his head, that brings me into his arms when something is wrong.  Contrary to my dad, my mother has brown, straight hair.  Thin locks that smell of my home on Capitol.  Hair that is short and sweet.  Sweet like warm taste of her homemade lemon bars. 
Hair is what makes a person who they are.  They may be thin, miniscule strands, but together they construct a defining characteristic of who we are.  Hair is the last piece of the puzzle that differentiates us.  My hair is my blueprint.  A design plan that makes me, me.

This piece gives a little splurge on each individual in my family.  All together, it makes for a piece about life around me.