The Cad Program This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Technology has come to the carpentry trade via the Computer Aided Drawing program known as (CAD). When you use this program you can draw houses, floor plans, elevation views, porches or any other part of a house. The advantage of this program is that you don't have to touch a pencil, because the computer does all of the work. All you have to do is program the dimensions into the CAD program and it automatically draws it for you. Another advantage is, if there is a mistake in a wall, door or window, all you have to do is put in the right dimensions into the program and it will fix it for you. You can also change your mind about your floor plan layout, and instead of drawing the whole layout over, you can reprogram it.

The CAD program is very useful to carpenters and drafters because they don't have to draw anything by hand - all they have to do is go to the CAD program on their computers. Another advantage would be that you wouldn't need to purchase anything. If you like to save time and money this program is perfect for you. u