Help...I Don't Have a Life! | Teen Ink

Help...I Don't Have a Life!

HELP?I Don?t Have a Life!

I was in a deep sleep when a loud buzzing noise awoke me?it was my alarm clock?and it was 5:45 in the morning! Yeah right?like I was waking up that early. I hit the snooze and turned off my alarm clock completely. Next thing I knew, it was 6:30 and my dad was scolding me for not waking up sooner. I jumped out of my bed and into a hot shower or at least somewhat hot?my sister often uses most of the hot water?ugh! After my shower I did what any other teenage girl does. I found something adorable to wear to school, dried and straightened my hair, and then did my make-up (Bare-Minerals, of course) and lastly ate some breakfast. Everyone knows that is the most important meal of the day. Then, I was off to school. By the way, did I mention I don?t have a car? Instead, my dad drives me to school, but hey, I don?t mind it. My dad?s a technology teacher at my high school and one of the school?s football coaches. Don?t get me wrong, I love having my dad at the school, it is just I never get a date. Anyway, back to my day?After we dropped off my seventh grade sister, my dad and I pulled into the high school parking lot. We exited the car and we went our separate ways: I went to the gym and he dealt with the kids always sitting at his door in the morning.

The five-minute bell rang. Everyone was rushing to their first period classes; not me though, I?m the girl who sits and talks to her friends before class. It is about the only down time I have during the school day besides lunch. Class began. I had AP Government that day for first period. All we did was take notes?BORING! Before I knew it, the second bell rang and the rest of the day went pretty smoothly. I made it through Chemistry?although I caught myself checking the time about every five minutes. Then I ran to the weight room. Did you know if you are late you have to do fifty push-ups? Believe me weight training is the hardest class I have. Not only is it physically challenging, but I am also the only girl. I never knew guys acted so dumb when there was only one girl in their class. I guess that is their immature way of trying to impress me?trust me, it does not work. After that class, I went to lunch and then to fourth period. Because it is a basic class, I always look forward to this time of the day.

The bell rang and school was over. I went home, but only for a little while. I had to be back at the school by 5:30 for my basketball practice. At six, practice started and it dragged on and on. We ran for our mistakes, like every other practice, and then after two and a half hours in dripping sweat, coach blew the whistle to end practice. We got in for a break (in case you don?t know what that is?it is when a team puts their hands up in the air and says a word like ?team? or ?defense? simultaneously,) and that was the end of it. I got in my dad?s car and drove home.

When I got home, it was around 8:30. I went upstairs, turned on the hit TV series 24 and did homework?at the same time. Difficult, I know. Around ten, 24 ended and I got ready for bed. I took out my contacts, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. My day was over. That is a normal day for me - no talking on the phone or hanging out with friends--just a few texts to communicate about essential stuff. All I do is school, homework and basketball, basically. And just think that was Monday; imagine what the rest of the week is like. Hmm.