Stuck at Sea | Teen Ink

Stuck at Sea

By Kelsey Rasberry BRONZE, Wolfforth, Texas
Kelsey Rasberry BRONZE, Wolfforth, Texas

I'm not sure how I got there, but I know it couldn't have been pleasant. My legs were bruised and my arms had tons of cuts on them. I had such a painful headache and a huge knot on the back of my head. It felt like I had been hit with a bat. I rubbed my hand across it to find blood, but it wasn't wet. It was more like it had been there a few hours. I couldn't really see straight, but I did my best to try and focus. The more I strained myself to see, the dizzier my head started to feel. I could tell that I wasn't in a very steady place, which was part of the reason I couldn't balance myself.

I noticed a sign hanging on the wall that said, 'Personnel Only Allowed On Deck.' On deck? Where in the world was I? Obviously I was on a boat and that explained the unsteadiness I was feeling. How did I get here? The last thing I remember was walking out of the movie theatre with a few of my close friends. Nothing seemed unusual about where we were. I hadn't suspected anything, but apparently I should have feared for my life.

At that moment someone was coming down from above. I tried to hide somewhere but the only object in the room was a fold out be, and of course whoever had brought me here would find me. A blonde hair, blue eyed man stepped down the stairs, one at a time. He looked like he wanted to feed me to the sharks. He threw me up over his right shoulder. I tried to scream but my lungs felt like they were going to burst. As I gasped for air, he took me up to the deck where two more men with brown hair stood waiting for my arrival. As a matter of fact, there were sharks surrounding the boat, about nine or ten. Now I really thought that they were going to feed me to them. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. All three men grabbed me up in one movement. I struggled to get away but they were ten times stronger than me. I then made no effort to do anything and the struggle was pointless. They began to through me over board, and that's when I blacked out. I hit the water with great force.

I awoke in a hospital bed to my friends and my family hovering over me. They said I had slipped on some ice when we were leaving the movies and hit my head fairly hard and busted my head open. They had to rush me to the ER to get my head checked. I left the hospital with a concussion and a wrapped head.

ZACHARY J Stephens, Wolfforth, Texas
Very Cool! Impressive!