Freeze! | Teen Ink

Freeze!

By Kamrin_H BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
Kamrin_H BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

9 March 2016

“Freeze!”
Are you still watching this? Flashes across your TV screen as you continue to binge watch crime shows. You are traumatized as you think about all the guts and blood at the crime scenes your TV has showed you. Then you ask yourself, “Would I be fit, wise, and calm enough to be a criminal investigator?”

Do you have what it takes?
Just like in any other job you would need to have met the listed requirements. These requirements can go anywhere from educational to how physically fit you are. These requirements include:

You need a four year Bachelor degree.
Three years of work experience
You need to be Physically fit
At least 23 years old and under 37 years old
Must be a legal citizen of the united states

Be fluent in another language(“How to Become a Criminal Investigator: Career and Salary Information”)
         This list might seem like a lot but it really isn’t. Once you have met all these requirements the “Finding a job” life will be easier than ever.

What’s in it for me?
Being a criminal investigator could be very beneficial to you and your family. You can get a lot of days off, lots of money, and the government can pay for any health expenses that might come your way. In this kind of job, vacation days are a large number. Vacation days can range up to 14-26 days per year depending on where you work. You also get other days off like sick days and holidays. Sick days go up to about 13 days per year and you can take off for 10 holidays per year. The annual salary for a criminal investigator is about $51,570!(“FBI Agent Career Guide: Requirements and Salary Information”) That is a lot of money! Another benefit is that the government provides several health plans for investigators and their families. Since being a criminal investigator is kind of dangerous the government has got you covered(“Job Benefits of an FBI Investigator”).

Solving Cases at School
There are so many colleges that will support criminal investigation all over the country. One college that is very popular for criminal investigation is Indiana State University. This university prepares students for law enforcement, Fields of corrections, and in other areas.(“Criminal Justice Schools in Indiana”)  Another college that is quite known for their criminal investigation program is Louisiana State University. This school teaches you the basics of what being a criminal Investigator is really like. It offers practice training and exams for criminal investigation.(“Criminal Justice Schools in Louisiana”) These two colleges both give out practice cases to see what you really can do.

Now you can see that your career choice should be based on what you think is best for you and what you think you have the skills for. For this particular criminal investigation career you need to meet the necessary requirements to get this job and with this job comes benefits. Think you can handle it?

Works Cited
“Criminal Justice Schools in Indiana.” N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.
“Criminal Justice Schools in Louisiana.” N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.
“FBI Agent Career Guide: Requirements and Salary Information.” Criminal Justice Degree Schools. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016.
“How to Become a Criminal Investigator: Career and Salary Information.” Criminal Justice Degree Schools. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Mar. 2016.
“Job Benefits of an FBI Investigator.” N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Mar. 2016.