The Wedding | Teen Ink

The Wedding

March 2, 2009
By Christian Brian BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
Christian Brian BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Weddings are the worst, they're long, boring, and I thought I liked my cousin until he dragged me to his wedding. I'd rather go to prison than to another wedding. I've never been to prison, I'm sure it can't be worse than a wedding.

We were in Toledo, Ohio, all my family was there, my brother, mom, dad, grandmas, grandpa, aunt, uncle, and cousins I never even knew about. The actual wedding was alright, until the reception. The reception was the worst time of of my life except the cake, which was so good I could write an entire paper about that. The food was also delicious, but besides that it was horrible. I even fell asleep for a half an hour and their was music and people talking, it sounded like the cafeteria during lunch. I thought I was going to die of boredom. All this reception was, was people dancing and having a good time, except for me.

The worst part was when my mom asked me and my brother to dance. She asked me first, 'Christian, you want to dance?'

'No,' I said before I could even react to her question because I was in such a terrible mood.

Then she asked my brother, 'Matthew, do you want to dance?' And of course he said yes. I was about to gag and say kiss-up. Then when he was out there, everybody was going on, and on, and on, about how nice he looked with his mother. I was about to say shut-up, but I knew I wouldn't of seen tomorrow if I would of said that. That's the time I wish I could have fallen asleep, but knowing my luck, I fell asleep after they were done dancing or whatever you wanted to call it. But I didn't fall asleep for long unfortunately for me, because I woke up to a rumbling stomach. The chef was gone now, so I had to get dessert and cake.
'That's just too bad,' I said sarcastically.
Then, as soon as I ate another piece of cake, I heard the words from my mom, the words I was ready to hear all night long, 'Christian, we can leave now.' My eyes grew to the size of watermelons, I swear they almost connected, and I had a smile that went from ear to ear. I was practically sprinting out the doors and when I turned around they were far behind me, then I said, 'Come on, let's get out of here!'
Those five to ten minutes was when I had the most energy of the night, when it was about two in the morning. Then when we drove back to the hotel, I put on my pajamas and went to bed in probably two minutes. Then when I woke up the next morning, I realized, I had the worst day of my life during summer break and I didn't miss any days of school!
If I have to go to another wedding, which I probably will because my cousin got divorced to the girl he married in this story and he's dating a new one, I will be prepared, with either a book or a pillow, or maybe both.