The Day I'll Never Forget | Teen Ink

The Day I'll Never Forget

That day, that terrible terrible day, this was the day my mother died, March 26, 2006. It was a regular morning, like every morning I smelled the hot pancakes and sweet syrup. But I realized it was 7:30 am, I usually get up at 6:00 am. I realized that something happened, This is the story of My mother's death and the days following it.

I yelled,' Papa.' He didn't answer. Again I yelled,' Papa.' He didn't answer. So I marched downstairs and saw the medics. They were getting my mom into a ambulance. I was confused the doctor said mom was alright, the cancer was gone. I thought why is she getting into the ambulance? I then asked,' Whats wrong with my mom?'

They said,' Everything is gonna be okay.'

I screamed,' Whats wrong with my mom?' Then my dad ran over to me and hugged me. He was sad too.

He said ,'Everything is alright.' so the medics took my mom to th hospital and I got dressed for school, ate breakfast,and I waited at the door to leave. My dad's friend drove my sister Kayla and I to school but half way there he turned the car around and started heading back to my house.

When I got home my dad was sitting on the couch. With a face, not just any face a sad face something I haven't seen in a long time. He was about to speak when I burst out crying like a rain shower. I already knew what happened my mom was dead. My dad told Kayla what happened, but I was already gone, up to my room. I opened my window and climbed out onto the roof and just sat there, I was drowned in sadness, didn't care, was alone, a hollow shell filled with darkness.

My dad started to look for me. He then found me just sitting on the roof. He left me alone. That night I went back into my room and didn't talk for the rest of the night. The next day was even worse.

I had to call relatives, friends, and even our neighbors to tell them the sad news. I called my older brother and sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins, everyone. They all cried they all were sad but they didn't feel the same suffering and pain that I felt. I lost the person who took me in when no one else would. This day went by really quick.

The next day was the day we went to see my mom in her casket. The seeing lasted four hours. I thought not many people would show up but many did. I had almost all of my closest friends there. All my relatives were there even my aunt Jen flew in all the way from Hawaii. The second I walked in I turned into a sprinkler, tears went everywhere. It ended up I had to wait outside for a while.

This had to be the hardest day I have ever been through. I woke up at 9:00 am, got on my new suit, and got in the car. We went to the church first. I sat with my relatives. We sang songs, did speeches, and cried. I said,' I want to say something.' I prepared a little speech about my mom. I went up to the podium. This is my speech I said,' Hello, I am one of Sandra's sons. Sandra my mom was a loving, caring friend and mother. She always put people before herself, that is what made her kind hearted. She helped you if you needed help and was there if you were sad. But when she found out she had cancer she didn't give up she fought back. She always told me to have courage. so that is what I am trying to say she is a person of words and action. Even though she is gone she will be in each and everyone of your hearts. Thank You.'

After the Church service was over we went to the burial ground. We gave her flowers and sad our goodbyes. But all of this hurt my heart. I didn't know people cared so much. I went and sad,' goodbye mom.' She was buried, I'll never see her again. I will never forget that day, March 26, the day my mom died, the day I regret, the day she went to heaven, the day her real life begun. And I will always say,' I love you mom.'

This is about My moms death and the days after.

avatarneji said...
This is awesome. You are a great writer and I hope you grow up to be a writer. Very sad and touching.