Bed Time This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Bed Time,by Nicole Sparling, Cranston, RIJust the thought can bring ease to all of the day's turmoil. I think of it all day long and wait anxiously for the hour to finally arrive. Early in the morning it seems as if it will never come. But by the end of the day, I know that soon enough it will be time.The feeling I get around 10 p.m. is indescribable. It is then that I know there is only about one hour before I "hit the sack" after a long day. When the time finally arrives, I brush my teeth, wash my face and put on my pajamas as quickly as possible so bedtime can come just a few minutes earlier. I go into my room, shut off my light and climb into heaven, my heaven. It is my perfect world of pale, green surroundings which covers me from chin to foot. It is my heaven of tranquility and beautiful darkness which I share with only one other. His name is Teddy and he has slept by my side since the beginning of my time. With Teddy by my side, I rest my head on two small pale green clouds and move around until I feel comfortable. I start to breath slowly and concentrate on lying perfectly still. I clear my mind of all thoughts, stare into the darkness and eventually close my eyes with my body and mind perfectly at peace. Then I hear the alarm. c