My best Friend and I | Teen Ink

My best Friend and I

February 9, 2009
By Anonymous

Right when Kayla walked in I thought, I am not going to be her friend. Oh my gosh look at her outfit, I thought. She was wearing silver shoes, a grey shirt, and a checkered looking skirt. The checkered looking skirt was black, grey and red. I mean the skirt was cute, but the shoes got to go. Her face had freckles and her noise was medium size, it was a cute nose. Her hair is brown. She is not very skinny, but not fat either.
Mrs. Perry looked through her stuff to make sure she has everything and she did. Kayla had to sit by me. I thank God everyday that she did not smell bad at all. Kayla was shy, so I started to talk to her. I felt bad for the girl. No one was talking to her. I told her my name. Then Mrs. Perry interrupted me by saying, "get out your homework please." I remembered to do it, but I could not find that piece of paper anywhere. I went crazy looking for it. I could not find it. Then I remembered that I turned it in yesterday.
As the day went on we just got closer friends. We talked so much that the teacher had to move us in almost every class period we were in together.
That day was fun. The next day after school I saw her at the park. Kayla came over to me and was walking two big dogs. They looked nice, so I asked her if I can pet them. We talked, played, and then exchanged numbers. I told her I would call her when I got home
That night I called her. We talked for like two hours. It was worth every minute of it though. We talked about boys, family, shopping, make up, and other stuff. You should know how girls are. We talk for hours. Even out parents started to talk to each other. I am supposed to hang out with her this weekend. It is going to be fun. I think we might go see a movie at the rave, then go shopping. We also talked about our pets. She has four dogs and one of them is having puppies soon. I told her I wanted one as soon as they are born.
Then my mom walked into the room and asked me if I had any idea what time it was. Of course I said yes, but I didn't. "It is eleven o'clock and about to be twelve in the morning. Get off the phone and you can tell her you will talk to her tomorrow," so I did as she told me.
I loved that day. It is the best thing that has ever happen to me. I will always remember that day. Ever since that day in sixth grade Kayla and I are best friend, and we are still best friends in the tenth grade to this day.
The next day in class Mrs. Perry said she would not be here on Friday due to her husband in the hospital. I asked her what happen, and she said not to worry about it. She almost started to cry. It was so sad that I almost cried at the time. She told us that he will be all right, but no one believed her. So we just left her alone about it.
We went to lunch, and soon it was all around the cafeteria. I told people to stop talking about it, but no one listened. I just did not want Mrs. Perry to get mad at us for that. I just talked to Kayla about my weird dream I had the other night. Then the announcements came on and said, "We are going to have a sock hop on Friday I hope that ever one comes dressed up and all. It will be on Friday at six thirty. Have a great day."
Kayla and I went crazy. We talked about it all period about what we are going to wear. I said that I am going shopping and she should come with me to the mall and get some matching puddle skirts. Then the bell rang.
The sock hop was not fun. Like no one came to it. It was so bad, that we left and went to my house to play games. Then we talked to my mom about god and other stuff.

The author's comments:
I am 16 years of age. I am on A B honoral student ever since 3rd grade. I would be more than happy if you would read over my article.
Thank,
Christen