Fear | Teen Ink

Fear

By Danny Pina BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Danny Pina BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

When you think of fear you think of ghosts in a closet or scary movie's. Fear isn't something that you have nightmares about one night and then you're done the next. Fear is a thing that you have to over come. It's like a presence haunting you until theirs nothing left to haunt. Like a leach sucking your blood until your nothing but a corpse. But the question is how do you over come fear?

Love is the key to vanquishing fear. Love is its worst nemesis. You cannot beat fear unless you love your self. Fear grows inside of you but if you have love, it's like trying to swim in peanut butter, useless and disappointing.

Many peoples worst fear is showing who they are, trying to be someone their not. Love your self in all ways and you won't care what other people think about you. Friends can't tell you who you are. If they don't like you for whom you are. Then they're not really your friends.

High school comes fast, and wasting time on asinine things like trying to prove something to other people that don't matter is just a waist of valuable time. People that are labeled 'cool' or 'popular' usually aren't happy with who they are. They pretend to be a person who they wish they're but just can't be. Being yourself is the best way to prove to your own self that there is so much more to life then trying to be someone your not. Once your hit 18 years old, your in the real world. If you have no education, and no clue of who you are or what to do then maybe you'll realize that working hard and having passion in your dreams is the best solution. Don't wait, or it could slip away. Be yourself because life is too short to be anyone else.

mona said...
on Mar. 3 2009 at 5:17 pm
It's great to see someone with such wisdom at such a young age who has found out something most people don't until adulthood or possible ever. That attitude will take him far. Dream big because you will achieve it.

cowboy71 said...
on Mar. 3 2009 at 4:40 am
I feel this young man has found out the truth and some of the tough lessons about growing up. Point well made... Good job!!!

ANITA said...
on Mar. 3 2009 at 2:37 am
I really think that this story goes way in depth and tells the truth about it... it's a reall inspirational story